|Good God, is it Friday yet? Enough, already.|
|Written by OHmommy|
|Friday, 18 November 2011 00:00|
Bullet points... because I'm tired. (Excuse any grammatical mistakes.)
Just from the past 24 hours...
- MIL is in the ICU. Doctors said "she may not make it out of the ICU".
- How do you explain that to young children?
- The ICU will not allow children under 16 to visit.
- The ICU will allow children under 16 to visit, one at a time, in dire straights.
- I drove hundreds of miles in one day to make sure all three kids saw their Grandma in the ICU.
- Said children were frozen when seeing their Grandma in the ICU.
- Kids asked if Grandma was going to be okay (as I tucked them into bed) and I didn't know how to answer.
- Kiddos will wake up, worried, throughout the night asking about death.
- We summoned a priest to bless Grandma at the hospital.
- I cradled my husband when he came home from a late night visit to the ICU.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 06 October 2012 09:26|